Friday, February 3, 2012

Nightshade Free, but also many recipes, Gluten Free and Lactose Free

Greetings on a snowy morning in Boulder, Colorado!   Last week, we were in Florida, enjoying mid 80's, and today, we have a foot of snow, with more on the way.  Life in the Rockies!  While in Florida, I was enjoying a hamburger at a fun place on the beach, when I inadvertently ate a few WHITE potato chips.  It wasn't long until I realized what I'd done, because my knuckles were red and began to hurt.  This lasted several hours.   A simple slip, which I paid for.  

For those of you who are just now joining me, NIGHTSHADES are tomatoes, white potatoes, peppers (mild to hot, chilies, etc.), eggplant, and any food products that are derived from nightshade plants, such as cayenne, paprika, and commercial hot sauces. Nightshades contain the chemical alkaloid, which appears to be a link to arthritis, and can build a toxicity over time in some people.   This toxicity can severely affect some who suffer from arthritis.  

The cookbook is coming along nicely, with over 110 recipes to date,  that are NIGHTSHADE FREE, but many are also GLUTEN FREE AND LACTOSE FREE.  These recipes will be flagged clearly and I hope will be of benefit to anyone who also suffers from the effects of gluten and lactose intolerance.   

Please see the following image and recipe of my latest addition to the cookbook, "Curly Pasta with Artichokes and Sardines."   It was fun to create and delicious to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment