Friday, February 10, 2012

My Eggplant Accident

This past week, while having a delightful lunch with a friend in a Boulder restaurant, I ordered what I was sure would be a safe, nightshade free,  Caesar Salad with Chicken.  I had asked the waiter about nightshades, but only mentioned tomatoes and peppers.  As I began to eat the salad, I had three bites of the vegetables under the chicken, believing it was roasted cabbage and purple onion.  My friend noticed it first and said "Oh, that's eggplant!"  She knew of my problem with nightshades, and luckily she was paying better attention than I.   It was only a couple small bites, which I hoped would not cause trouble later in the day, but I was wrong.  The pain and swelling began about an hour later, which lasted 7 1/2 hours, well into the evening.  Another lesson learned the hard way!!  Be careful out  there!

No comments:

Post a Comment