Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Well, I did it again to my surprise. This past weekend in a restaurant near my home in Boulder, I unknowingly ate some form of nightshades in the food I ordered. As careful as I am in restaurants, and as helpful as the waitstaff can be, sometimes a mysterious ingredient gets on my plate, and I have a serious episode with nightshades foods. The food was delicious and lovely, but by the time I returned home, my hands were in severe pain that lasted throughout the night, into the next morning. Unfortunately, this time the pain spread through my entire hands, not just the knuckles. I still don't know what the ingredient was, there didn't seem to be anything spicy in any of my foods, but something was there. The extraordinary pain is the same every time: consume something with nightshades, then pain attacks within 30-45 minutes. All of us who suffer with arthritis and nightshade sensitivities must be careful with everything we eat...the cost is great if we aren't. I'm concerned the damage will remain as increased disfiguring, long after the pain subsides. 

Take good care and be well!
Caroline

NEW WEBSITE:  http://www.carolinesnonightshadekitchenarthritisdiet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment